Carlsberg are trying so hard to improve their image recently, first they started by rebranding Tuborg into a premium brand, then came the premiership giveaway to entice football fans to continue drinking Carlsberg and most recently they’ve launched a new webpage to highlight the good things about the brewer.
This new webpages called www.engagedwithsociety.co.uk uses stories from employees from all areas of the brewing business, this website is aimed at consumer, employees and customers. most importantly though this is PR and is designed to bring attention to.
• The environment — projects from reduced water use at the brewery and intelligent lighting in depots, to route optimisation which minimises the ‘beer miles’ covered by the Carlsberg UK delivery fleet
• Wellbeing initiatives, training and company-wide campaigns, including the Everyone Goes Home Safe safety campaign developed by and for the workforce, which is having a significant impact on safety levels across the business
• Charity initiatives which have helped Carlsberg UK to raise more than £250,000 for its two charity partners, Help for Heroes and Help the Hospices.
• Community — the company’s role in sponsoring, supporting and leading initiatives in the communities where it operates, including the brewery in Northampton and its 12 depot locations
• The market place — from support for responsible drinking initiatives at every level to the We Deliver More programme, which includes backing for customers to become cleaner, greener and more efficient
Carlsberg UK head of CSR and SHE, Matt Winterburn, said: “The aim of our Engaged with Society website is to make all our CSR information accessible and engaging for anyone. We also believe it will also act as driver for change within our business, building year on year as our story evolves. The website is one way we can encourage the people driving that change and help to spread their passion and achievement.
“For us, engaging our customers, our people and our suppliers in our sustainability efforts is central to ensuring success for all of us, now and in the future.”